Carl Hahn (& Sohn) / Emil Lüdke (G.m.b.H.) vormals Carl Hahn & Sohn
Leutrastraße 112 & Johannisstraße 8, Jena. Sachsen-Weimar-Eisenach (now part of the State of Thuringia) / also a branch in Munich, Bavaria.
Porzellanmalerei, Studenten-Utensilien- u. Couleurband-Fabrik, Kunstgewerbliche Anstalt.
Porcelain decorator, student gifts & regalia & colour ribbon fabrication plus commercial art centre.
Founded by Carl Hahn in 1842, eventually becoming Carl Hahn & Sohn. Their shop was located at Leutrastraße 112, but at some point either they or
Emil Lüdke, moved the business to the next street, Johannisstraße 8, (now known as the north side of Eichplatz). Carl Hahn or his son claimed it to be
"Die grösste Studentenrequisiten-Fabrik Deutschlands" / "The largest fabricator of student's gifts & regalia in Germany".
Ernannt: Grossherzoglich Sachsen-Weimar. und Herzoglich Sachsen-Altenburg. Hoflieferanten, c.1881-1882.
Appointed: Supplier to the Courts of the Grand Duke of Saxony-Weimar and the Duke of Saxony-Altenburg, c.1881-1882.
The business was purchased by Emil Lüdke between 1888 & 1890. The Munich branch had been purchased by A.C. Diessl by 1900.
Last known date was around 1937.