Pfeifenfabrik Heinrich (Heinz) Rang
Martinstraße 30, Altstadt, Cologne, Rhine Province or Rhenish Prussia, Prussia (now North Rhine-Westphalia)
Porzellanmalerei & Keramikwarenhandel. / Porcelain decorator & Ceramics Wholesaler.
H. Rang had his premises in Coln-Altstadt (the Old Town) just across the river Rhine from the district of Coln-Deutz
where the troops, who purchased the steins, were garrisoned.
Known dates: 1897 - 1915.
The German spelling for Cologne, varied over the years. So in 1900 the Prussian Minister for Interior Affairs, issued an edict that the correct spelling for
Cologne was Cöln. However, on the 1st February 1919, the mayor of Cologne, Konrad Adenauer, stated the official name was again Köln.
But as can be seen, most people continued to use the spelling they preferred.
Purchased stein bodies from: Merkelbach & Wick