Title
Home Navigation About us Navigation Stein Marks Navigation Logo identification Navigation By Location Navigation By Category Navigation Links / Unidentified marks


Nitsche & Schramm / Schramm W. vormals Nitsche & Schramm / Wilhelm Schramm
Pflegehofstraße, Tübingen am Neckar. Württemberg, (now Baden-Württemberg)
Manufaktur für Kunstgewerbe, Glas- und Porzellanmalerei / Manufacturer for arts and crafts, glass & porcelain decorators.
Founded in 1892 as Nitsche & Schramm, W. Schramm was the sole proprietor by 1894.
The company was renamed Wilhelm Schramm sometime after Xmas 1898 & before 1930 and traded as such, until the last recorded date of 1941.
Purchased steins from: Marzi & Remy  Reinhold Merkelbach
  Villeroy & Boch - Mettlach
Reference:



 


Nitsche & Schramm / Schramm W. vormals Nitsche & Schramm / Wilhelm Schramm 12-4-14-2
"Palatia sei's Panier". "Honor Virtus Amicitia".
Marzi & Remy #1988, dated June 1919.

 


Nitsche & Schramm / Schramm W. vormals Nitsche & Schramm / Wilhelm Schramm 12-4-18-2

"Saxonia sei's panier" This lid is mounted on a typical Tübingen hedgehog glass stein.

Nitsche & Schramm / Schramm W. vormals Nitsche & Schramm / Wilhelm Schramm 12-4-18-1
The underside of the above lid, dedicated for Xmas 1898.
 


Nitsche & Schramm / Schramm W. vormals Nitsche & Schramm / Wilhelm Schramm 12-4-14-1
"Palatia sei's Panier". "Honor Virtus Amicitia".
Marzi & Remy #1988, dated June 1919.



Nitsche & Schramm / Schramm W. vormals Nitsche & Schramm / Wilhelm Schramm 11-5-24-1
Typical Tübingen hedgehog stein, used for student steins, glass maker unknown.

Nitsche & Schramm / Schramm W. vormals Nitsche & Schramm / Wilhelm Schramm 11-5-24-2
Moulded base mark of the featured Tübingen hedgehog glass stein, specifically made for W. Schramm.

 

 




Nitsche & Schramm / Schramm W. vormals Nitsche & Schramm / Wilhelm Schramm 12-4-14-3
"Palatia sei's Panier". "Honor Virtus Amicitia".
Marzi & Remy #1988, dated June 1919.


 
W.Schramm 2
This lid insert from featured glass stein shows the Wappen of the "Turnerschaft Hohenstaufia zu Tübingen", which was founded on 10/12/1878 as a loose fraternity, named "Gothland". On 24/4/1879 they adopted the colours of white-red-darkgreen, together with the motto "Virtus, Libertas, Humanitas" which when translated, means "Tugend, Freiheit, Menschlichkeit" or "Virtue, Liberty, Humanity". On the 1/2/1880 the fraternity adopted the new name of Hohenstaufia, together with the motto: "Unita virtus valet" which again translated, means "Vereinte Tugend macht stark" or "Virtue united, prevails", and with the colours of green-white-red.
References:
Turnerschaft Hohenstaufia 

Nitsche & Schramm / Schramm W. vormals Nitsche & Schramm / Wilhelm Schramm 11-5-24-3
The underside of the stein lid insert on the featured glass stein, shows, "Turnerschaft Hohenstaufia zu Tübingen", with the signature of W.Schramm, dated Christmas 1933.

  If you require an identification and / or a valuation, click HERE. 
● For any other reason, e-mail the author
  Stein Marks © 2009 - 2017. Copyright. All rights reserved. ● 


Web site created and maintained using   link to web4work