Home Navigation About us Navigation Stein Marks Navigation Logo identification Navigation By Location Navigation By Category Navigation Links / Unidentified marks

August Hubert Canis / D. Canis 

Aeusseren Laufer Platz 14, Nuremberg. Bavaria. 

Zinngießermeister. / Master Pewterer.

August Hubert Canis founded his pewter shop at Äußeren Läufer Platz 14 in 1878. He relocated in 1881 to the centre of town, in the Unteren Worthstraße, overlooking the River Pegnitz, then in 1890 to RichardWagner Straße. Finally he was situated between 1906 & 1939 in the Äußeren Läufer Gasse 16.

Purchased stein bodies from : Sachsenglas  Merkelbach & Wick, Steinzeug-Industrie

Reference:


D. Canis / A.H. Canis 18-2-14-4
"Brauhaus Nürnberg", Image representing one of the Nuremberg garrisoned towers in the city wall.

D. Canis / A.H. Canis 18-2-14-3
"Brauhaus Nürnberg", Image representing one of the Nuremberg garrisoned towers in the city wall.

D. Canis / A.H. Canis 18-2-14-2
Pewterer's mark "D. Canis" on the underside 
of the lid of the "Brauhaus Nürnberg" stein.


















D. Canis / A.H. Canis 18-2-14-1
Pewter lid with an etching of Gambrinus
leaning on a beer barrel, and saying:

Genieß' im edlen Gerstensaft,
des Weines Geist, des Brodes Kraft.
"Enjoy in the noble barley juice (beer)
the spirit of wine and the strength of bread".

A.H.Canis 3
Touchmark of A.H. Canis on featured lid above.
 

D. Canis / A.H. Canis 11-4-12-1
Sachsenglas stein with crown logo on base,
therefore dated 1897 onward. 

D. Canis / A.H. Canis 11-4-12-3
Lid by D. Canis on Sachsenglas stein.

D. Canis / A.H. Canis 11-4-12-2
Pewterer's mark "D. Canis" on the underside 
of the lid of the Sachsenglas stein.

  If you require an identification and / or a valuation, click HERE. 
● For any other reason, e-mail the author
  Stein Marks © 2009 - 2018. Copyright. All rights reserved. ● 


Web site created and maintained using   link to web4work