Title
Home Navigation About us Navigation Stein Marks Navigation Logo identification Navigation By Location Navigation By Category Navigation Links / Unidentified marks

 
A.Corzelius–Menningen / (F.)Paul und Hans Corzelius / Roger Corzelius

Mittelstraße, Römerberg 18, Höhr (now Höhr- Grenzhausen), Hesse-Nassau, Prussia.
Now at Auf den Dorfwiesen 30, Hillscheid, Rhineland Palatinate.
Steinzeugwarenfabrik / Stoneware manufacturer
August Josef Corzelius (b.28/11/1836 – d. 7/11/1901)  married Thekla, the daughter of Johann Josef Gerhards and took over his father-in-law´s factory at Bergstraße 4, in 1874 or 1878. The first son of August Josef and Thekla Corzelius was August Corzelius, who married Maria Clementine Menningen on 7/10/1895  and founded his own company “A. Corzelius-Menningen” in 1910. He probably took over premises in Mittelstraße from Peter Josef Menningen (who was the unmarried brother of Maria Clementine Menningen). After the death of August Corzelius-Menningen in 1953, his sons August (jun.) and (F.)Paul (who married Cornelia, a daughter of Peter Eckhardt) took over the company. After the death of August jun. in 1963, Römerberg 18 eventually went to (F.)Paul and his son Hans. The company's name was changed to "Paul und Hans Corzelius" around 1971. Roger Corzelius, the son of Hans Corzelius took over the premises and since 1991 the company has been called "Roger Corzelius", has moved to Hillscheid and specialises in the production of stove tiles.
The other branch of the Corzelius family is: Aug. Jos. Corzelius (Inhaber C/Karl Johann Corzelius) / Werner Corzelius


Reference: 
Westerwald Keramik

 


A.Corzelius–Menningen / (F.)Paul und Hans Corzelius / Roger Corzelius  3
This mark is thought to be the pre 1936 mark for
August Corzelius-Mennigen. "A" and "M" intertwined,
with an "H" below, all inside a "C",
which in turn is inside a diamond shaped box. 


A.Corzelius–Menningen / (F.)Paul und Hans Corzelius / Roger Corzelius  4
Wine Jug, dated 1936-1971.

 


Corzelius Menningen 1
Impressed mark on featured wine jug, dated 1936-1971. The villages of Höhr, Grenzhausen & Grenzau combined in 1936, to form the modern town of Höhr-Grenzhausen.

  If you require an identification and / or a valuation, click HERE. 
● For any other reason, e-mail the author
  Stein Marks © 2009 - 2017. Copyright. All rights reserved. ● 


Web site created and maintained using   link to web4work