Vereinigte Zeller Fabriken Georg Schmider
Hauptsraße 2, Zell am Harmersbach, Near Biberach, Baden. (now Baden-Württemberg)
Hersteller / Manufacturer.
The factory was founded in 1859, with Georg Schmider taking charge in 1897. Due to the success of the designs created by Karl Schöner and Elisabeth Schmidt-Pecht, in 1898 he took over the premises of Haager, Hoerth & Co. to add greater capacity. In 1925 they employed 500 workers. Georg Schmider died in 1930, & the company was taken over by his son-in-law Heinrich Haiss, whose descendants ran it successfully until 1990. The company is still in existence today, known as Zeller Keramik Geschwister Hillebrand G.m.b.H.
Reference: Porcelain marks & More Zeller Keramik