Manning Bowman & Co.
Sales Outlet: 192 Lexington Street / 32nd Av. Factory: Cromwell then Meriden, Connecticut, United States.
Zinngießerei. / Pewterer
The company was founded in 1849, in Cromwell, Connecticut, as Thomas Manning and Son. Thomas's son Thaddeus, took on a partner, Robert Bowman in 1864,
at which point, the company was renamed Manning Bowman. In 1872 they moved to West Meriden,
majoring in plated and non-plated metalware (specialising in coffee & tea pots, cutlery etc.) and electrical household goods.
In 1952 they were purchased by the McGraw Electric Company, but the Manning Bowman name continued to be used into the mid 1950's.
The company purchased steins from Chittenango Pottery Co. & Columbian Art Pottery lidding them and selling them on as part of their own catalogue.
Likewise they supplied lids to Chittenango Pottery Co. Columbian Art Pottery, Thuemler Manufacturing Co. & Ceramic Art Company / Lenox Incorporated French China Co.
References: Waffle Irons Old Copper Coffee-roasters St Louis Stamping Co Lexington St.