Peter Gilles (Witwe)
Friedrichstraße 2, Schützenstraße 13, then Ringstraße 5, Höhr, Hesse-Nassau, Prussia. (now Höhr-Grenzhausen, Rhineland-Palatinate).
Steinzeug- und Tabakpfeifen / Stoneware & tobacco pipes
In 1896 Peter Gilles founded the company, at Friedrichstraße 2. By 1910 Peter Gilles had died and his widow owned the company, By 1921 they had moved to Schützenstraße 13.
In 1937 the merchant, Joseph Alfred Gilles was running the company. In 1945 the factory was destroyed in an air raid, whereupon they moved to Ringstraße 5.
In 1971 Karl-Georg Stuckmeier took over the company. Production continued until 1981.
Reference: Westerwald Adressbuch