Friedrich (Fritz) Gruber
Residence: Zillnerstraße 15, Studio: Auerspergstraße 50. Salzburg, Austria
The road known as Auerspergstraße was changed to Straße der SA** (**Sturmabteilung) during the Nazi occupation, which was 1938 - 1945.
Porzellan- und Glasmaler / Porcelain and glass decorator
Friedrich (or more commonly known as Fritz) Gruber was born in Salzburg on 22 November 1907 and died in Salzburg on 13 November 1985.
The official founding date for his business was 1936 at Auerspergstraße 50, however it is believed that he was plying his trade some years before this date, possibly working privately. 1932 placed him living at his residence at Zillnerstraße 15, 1.5 miles away, on the other side of the river Salzach. His business at Auerspergstraße 50 was known to have three employees and he had two round ovens for curing glazes. His business was listed in the Adressbuch der Keram-Industrie for 1941. It is unknown how long the business continued after this date.
Purchased stein bodies from: Villeroy & Boch - Mettlach