John Rose & Co. was founded in Coleport Porcelain Works, between 1795 and 1799.
The company was acquired by Cauldon Potteries in 1926, and moved to Shelton, Stoke on Trent. Sometime after moved again to Crescent works, Stoke. In 1951 became known as Coalport China Ltd. In 1955 moved to the factory of Samuel Radford, High Street, Fenton. Purchased by E. Brain & Co. Foley Works, in 1958.. After 1963 E. Brain was known as Colport.. In 1967 the company was bought by Wedgwood and in 1985 moved to Minerva Works, park Street, Fenton. In 2000, they moved again to a purpose built factory at the main Wedgwood factory at Barlaston. Late 2000 Minerva works was demolished.