5-7 Blasiusgasse, Würzburg, circa 1930. The building was destroyed in an air raid in Spring 1945. That address on the street plan however, remains in an identical position today.
Wilhelm Stecher, with his grandson, Wieland Schätzlein, dated 1940, in front of the pewter foundry, in the picture shown at top.
Lid on stein, bottom centre, dedicated to Café Sauter, Houston, made and imported to the USA between 1911 - 1914.
Cast mark on the underside of the lid on stein, right, dedicated to Café Sauter, Houston, made and imported to the USA between 1911 - 1914."W. Stecher, früher (formerly) Ruckert" This would indicate that W. Stecher purchased Zinngußwarenfabrik Franz Ruckert from the Ruckert group of companies in 1908. Obviously Stecher supplied pewter to the Ruckert company after this date, and possibly before this date as a subcontractor. ×
1 Litre Official Festival Stein. 14th Bavarian Gymnastics Festival, held in Würzburg, on the 20th - 23rd July 1912. Manufacturer: Marzi & Remy.
Tableau on the top of pewter lid on the above stein: The Old Würzburg Bridge over the River Main in the foreground and the Fortress Marienberg above.
Ink stamp mark on the Würzburg stein above.
Pressed glass stein probably made by Sachsenglas, complete with lid dedicated to Café Sauter, Houston, made and imported to the USA between 1911 - 1914.
Wilhelm Stecher, Zinngießermeister, portrait 1941.
Wilhelm Stecher in his workshop. This is an newspaper article from the Würzburger Generalanzeiger, dated 1938, stating that Wilhelm Stecher is now the sole Zinngießermeister in Würzburg.
Pewter lid on Sachsenglas? stein dedicated to one A. Schmitt.
Pewterer's touch mark on the tang of the above lid.
The Sachsenglas? stein above was moulded with the pewterer's name on the base.