William Brownfield

William Brownfield (& Son/s)
Waterloo Road, Cobridge, Stoke on Trent, Great Britain.
Hersteller / Manufacturer
The company was founded as Robinson, Wood & Brownfield in 1836, then from 1841 Wood & Brownfield. It became soley William Brownfield in 1850 and then William Brownfield & Son in 1871 & Sons in 1976. The company went bankrupt in 1892 and Brownfield's Guild Pottery Society was formed. Brownfield Pottery Ltd was formed in 1898, but finally ceased trading in 1900.
Reference: The Potteries  Brownfield  Advert  Chronology

William Brownfield 2 Jug marked 10/82
William Brownfield 1  Impressed mark from featured jug above, post 1860.
William Brownfield (& Son/s) 12-4-30-2 Lidded jug marked 10/75. Capacity 4/5ths of a pint. Although unmarked, the lid could be by Benjamin Grayson & Son
William Brownfield (& Son/s) 12-4-30-1 Impressed mark from featured 10/75 jug left, post 1860.

home | contact | privacy
© steinmarks.co.uk 2024   | website: Paul van Eck