Villeroy & Boch - Torgau / VEB Steingutwerk Torgau
Hafenstraße 2, Torgau, Saxony
Hersteller / Manufacturer
The factory was first opened in 1926 to produce high quality earthenware. In 1948, the company was expropriated by the East German government.
However since 1990, due to the German reunification, the factory is back in the ownership of Villeroy & Boch.
Reference: Porcelain Marks & More Torgau Saxony Address books
Catalogue cover dated August 1932 There were no steins listed.
Right side. N.B. No traditional front tableau. Base mark is supposedly VEB Steingutwerk Torgau.
"Mercury" Ink stamp. 1926 - 1948? Or was it replaced circa 1932 by the image on the catalogue cover?
Another catalogue cover, dated 1932. There were no steins listed.
Left side. N.B. No traditional front tableau. Base mark is supposedly VEB Steingutwerk Torgau.