18 John Street, New York City, New York State, United States
Silberschmied / Silversmiths
Theodore Starr (b.1837) opened his first business in 1862, at No.18 John Street. Two years later he was joined by Herman Marcus and the company became Starr and Marcus. In 1877 Marcus left the company to work with Tiffany & Co. at which time Starr bought out his partner and the name reverted to Theodore B. Starr. In 1907 Starr's son incorporated the business.