Porzellan- und Steingutfabrik, sowie Kaolinschlämmerei / Manufacturers of porcelain & earthenware and kaolin treatment.
Simon Hezendörfer founded a faience factory in 1759. Eduard Kick purchased 50% ownership of the factory in 1843, followed by full ownership in 1846. Kick is thought to have co-operated at some time with Dorfner & Co. and subsequently had a commercial tie up, exchanging moulds, skills etc. After the Royal Porcelain Factory in Ludwigsburg closed in 1824, Kick purchased ninety seven of their moulds, which he used for production of both porcelain and Steingut. It is also known that Kick constructed new porcelain (high temperature) ovens in 1860. However, by 1905, they were no longer advertising porcelain as part of their product range. Kick died childless in 1880 and his brother-in-law Wenzeslaus Rasel took over the company. By 1905 his sons, Hans Rasel and Commerce Chairman Eduard W. Rasel, were running the company, however they closed the ceramics factory producing steins etc. in 1910 or 1911, due to foreign competition. The allied mining company continues to the current day.
Reference: Character Steins Current company