1/2 litre Pressed glass stein, & pewter lid with insert.
Porcelain insert on the lid of the glass stein.
"Der Schultyrann” , The School Tyrant
Newspaper Announcement, Gmunden,
on the 18th of June, 1860
Pewterer in the Pfarrhofgasse 89 Gmunden
Newly settled here from Wimsbach, and is equipped for the production of classic work, specialising in glassware with and without pewter lids, also supplying pewter lids for steins from the Coblenz region. He hopes to acquire the same reputation he enjoyed in Wimsbach.
Touchmark on the underside of the
pewter lid on the glass stein on the left.
Cast mark on the underside of the
pewter lid on the featured stein on the right.
Stoneware stein, circa 1870, inscribed "BS",
presumably for Bräu am See
Courtesy of Bernd Eisenmann.
Pewter lid on the featured stein,
inscribed "Bräu am See"