5-7 Blasiusgasse, Würzburg, circa 1930.
The building was destroyed in an air raid in
Spring 1945. That address on the street plan
however, remains in an identical position today.
Wilhelm Stecher, with his grandson, Wieland Schätzlein, dated 1940, in front of the pewter foundry, in the picture shown at top.
Wilhelm Stecher inkstamp on a stein base.
Cast mark on the underside of the lid on stein, right, dedicated to Café Sauter, Houston, made and imported to the USA between 1911 - 1914.
"W. Stecher, früher (formerly) Ruckert"
This would indicate that W. Stecher purchased Zinngußwarenfabrik Franz Ruckert from the Ruckert group of companies in 1908. Obviously Stecher supplied pewter to the Ruckert company after this date, and possibly before this date as a subcontractor.
Wilhelm Stecher, Zinngießermeister, portrait 1941.
Wilhelm Stecher in his workshop.
This is an newspaper article from the Würzburger Generalanzeiger, dated 1938, stating that Wilhelm Stecher is now the sole Zinngießermeister in Würzburg.
Lid on stein, left, dedicated to Café Sauter, Houston, made and imported to the USA between 1911 - 1914.