Keramik- und Porzellanfabrik Karl Seltmann / Porzellanfabrik Schlottenhof G.m.b.H.
Schlottenhof district of Arzberg, Bavaria.
Hersteller / Manufacturer.
Karl August Seltmann (b.1858-d.1927) was the elder brother of Christian Seltmann (b.1870-d.1921) who founded the company which became the Seltmann-Weiden ceramics conglomerate. In 1897, Karl took over an existing factory which had been founded by L. Künzel in 1895. Karl expanded the production producing tableware until his death in 1927. At this point his sons-in-law, Detlev and Gräf took over, but in 1929, after a stock market crash, the assets were taken over by the bank, Sparkasse Thierheim. However the factory was kept running intermittently, until some of the company's shares were purchased by two ceramics workers, Alois Greger and Fritz Hillburger on the 1st June 1932. The remainder of the shares were purchased in 1934, and the business was renamed Porzellanfabrik Schlottenhof G.m.b.H. The factory ran successfully through the 1950's, with a workforce approaching 200, but closed in September 1964, due to a lack of reinvestment in modern machinery.
Reference: Porcelain Marks and More Wikipedia