Title
Home Navigation About us Navigation Stein Marks Navigation Logo identification Navigation By Location Navigation By Category Navigation Links / Unidentified marks

F. Weschke (Witwe) / Zinn Kleinschmidt e.K.

Wahlenstraße 4, (shop) Prüfeningerstraße 72c, (workshop) Regensburg, Bavaria.
Zinngießerei / Pewterer.
The first recorded “Zinngießermeister” of the family was August Willkom Weschke. In 1723 he purchased Wahlenstraß
e 4, and founded a pewter business there in 1727. August died in 1740 in Regensburg. Six generations of master pewterers followed, working at this address. The last was Friedrich Weschke who died in 1931. His wife Luise Weschke ran the business with three employees between 1931 and 1935. Fritz Kleinschmidt (b.1907 - d.1978) then took over, but after few months changed the company name because of its poor reputation. In 1948 a modern workshop was built at Prüfeninger Straße 72c, because the original workshop no longer fulfilled the requirements of commercial inspectors. The shop still remains at Wahlenstraße 4. On January 1, 1969 the company became a limited partnership consisting of Fritz Kleinschmidt and his son Horst. In 1976 the workshop was enlarged and modernized and is still in production today, with the Kleinschmidt family still in charge.
Reference: Kleinschmidt




 F. Weschke 1
Cast mark on the underside of the featured lid.
N.B. The cross keys of Regensburg.


F. Weschke 2

Hotel Grüner Kranz (Hotel of the Green Wreath) lid, fitted in this case to a Sachsenglas 0.5Ltr pressed glass stein. 
N.B. The cross keys of Regensburg.

 

 F. Weschke (Witwe) / Zinn Kleinschmidt 3
Postcard showing the Hotel Grüner Kranz, Regensburg.
(Hotel of the Green Wreath) bottom left, dated 1889.
This hotel was known to be open as late as Xmas 1954.
(Click to enlarge).

  If you require an identification and / or a valuation, click HERE. 
● For any other reason, e-mail the author
  Stein Marks © 2009 - 2017. Copyright. All rights reserved. ● 


Web site created and maintained using   link to web4work