Theodore B. Starr
18 John Street, New York City, New York State, United States
Silberschmied / Silversmiths
Theodore Starr (b.1837) opened his first business in 1862, at No.18 John Street. Two years later he was joined by Herman Marcus and the company became Starr and Marcus. In 1877 Marcus left the company to work with Tiffany & Co. at which time Starr bought out his partner and the name reverted to Theodore B. Starr. In 1907 Starr's son incorporated the business. On July 1, 1918 their stock was purchased by the silver firm of Reed and Barton. The firm maintained a shop at 47th Street and Fifth Avenue.
In 1923, Theodore B. Starr finally closed its doors.
Purchased steins from: Ceramic Art Company / Lenox Incorporated
Reference: Silvercollection J.Sauer 925-1000