Hauptstrase 26, Volkstedt. (& Unterweißbach 1890 - 1928). Thuringia.
Hersteller / Manufacturer
Founded by Wilhem Liebmann in 1850 after selling his first factory to Gebrüder Heubach. The company was nearly destroyed by fire in 1858 so Wilhelm Liebmann decided to retire. Alfred and Carl Wilhelm Voigt became joint chairmen and rebuilt the factory. In 1896 the company became a limited company with a stock holding of one million marks. The major shareholder was Albert Schönau. It is his initial "S" which in 1902 became part of the Sitzendorfer "Crown over S" mark.