Rathausstraße 104 a.k.a.Hauptstraße 142, Rheinstraße 142 & Hermann-Geisenstraße 64/68, Grenzhausen, Hesse-Nassau, Prussia.
(now Höhr-Grenzhausen, Rhineland-Palatinate).
Steinzeugfabrikant / Stoneware manufacturer
Wilhelm Johann Blum began producing blue-grey salt-glazed stoneware at Rathausstraße 104, Grenzhausen in 1861. His son, Otto entered the business when very young and ran the company after his father's death. In the early 1890's he married Berthe Zöller who owned property at Hermann-Geisenstraße 64, Grenzhausen. Otto moved the business there and changed the company name to Otto Blum in 1893. In 1910 he also operated out of Rheinstraße 142. Berthe died and Otto married again, this time to Karolina Heuss. Their second son Karl, after returning from the war attended the Ceramic Engineering School in Höhr. After Otto's death in 1933, Karl took over the company and produced a wide range of salt-glazed items including beer steins. They struggled through the 1930's, then produced war related ceramic items 1939 - 1945. After this, Karl Blum again expanded the company supplying companies such as Rastal with undecorated stoneware. Frau Blum reported that all pre-war production was unmarked. Karl Blum died in 1977. Erica Blum took over for one year and then leased out the company to a Herr Hans Fetz. The company ceased trading sometime after 1986.
References: Westerwald Adressbuch MySteinCollection