Altrouhlau bei Karlsbad, Bohemia, Austria. (now Stara Role nr. Karlovy Vary, Czech Republic)
Hersteller / Manufacturer
Founded in 1883 by Lazarus and Rosenfeld Ltd. Franz Schmidt purchased the company two years later and it became the largest porcelain factory of the time. In 1893, the U.K. office was run by A.& B. Rosenfeld. The pieces manufactured were utility products and at the time were not thought to have any artistic value. However, the company produced many pieces that are of very high quality and great artistic merit. In 1945, the Victoria Porcelain Company and the Altrohlau Porcelain Company were merged with the EPIAG (Erste Böhmische Porzellan Industrie), the letters AG are the German term for "& Co". becoming part of the state owned porcelain industry of Starorolský Porcelán. Then in 1958 it became Karlovarský Porcelán Stará Role II. The factory has been a training facility since 1970. Today it is part of Thun Karlovarský Porcelán.