Trenton, New Jersey, United States.
The Company was founded in 1874 by Elijah Tatler (b.1823), who emigrated from Stoke on Trent in England with his wife and son. One of his apprentices in 1875 was
Walter Scott Lenox. In 1876, Elijah Tatler died and the business was continued by his wife and later, his son, Edgar Elijah Tatler. Over the years the firm decorated wares made by such manufacturers as Ott & Brewer, Alpaugh and Magowan, Lenox, Inc. and Scammell, to name a few.In the 1940s, the company was decorating pieces for Scammell, Lenox and Cook China Company. The firm had about 50 employees. Much of the work they did was transfer print, but the firm did do hand gilding and some hand painting. Wayne H. Tatler took over the business in 1949 when his father, Edgar Elijah, passed away. After World War II it became increasingly difficult to compete against imported ceramics.
In 1953 the business was sold to Nelson Lebo, lamp manufacturers in Trenton.
Reference: Potteries of Trenton