Leonhardstraße 20, Nuremberg, Bavaria
Zinngießermeister / Master Pewterer.
Josef G.F.Tauscheck produced pewter lids for steins and glass. In 1906 he was awarded a silver medal during the Bavarian Jubilee-Landes-Industrie-, Gewerbe und Kunst-Ausstellung in Nuremberg. In 1908 he was co-founder of the city's Pewter Foundry Guild. His workshop was located at Leonhardstraße 20. Between 1906 and 1913 he lived at Feuerweg 6a, just 5 minutes walk away from his workshop. His widow continued the business after his death in 1913.
This was a large family. There was Johann Tauscheck (brother?), a Master Pewterer who also won a silver medal at the same Industry & Art Exhibition. He had his workshop at Glockendonstraße 22. In 1908 he likewise, was a co-founder of the Pewter Foundry Guild. He relocated his workshop to Pfeifergasse 9 in the same year. Then there was Karl Tauscheck (brother?), Master Pewterer, b. 9/11/1866 in Nuremberg, who was also co-founder of the Pewter Foundry Guild. His shop was located at the time at Untere Kanalstraße 17, and then in 1913 at Spenglerstraße 4 and finally in 1924 at Volprechtstraße 19. Finally there was Karl's son Karl II, Master Pewterer, b.6/11/1893 Nuremberg, who was in business until the 1930's. All of the family's workshops were outside the city walls but within close proximity of the Spittlertorturm.
Purchased steins from: ?