Buckau bei Magdeburg, Saxony, Free State of Prussia. (Now Saxony-Anhalt).
The Buckauer Porzellan factory was founded in 1833. By 1844 they had 200 employees, four kilns and their own porcelain decorating facility. Buckau was originally an outlying village but was enveloped and then incorporated into Magdeburg by 1877. Buckauer produced a wide range of finely decorated porcelain tableware, toilet items, vases, pots and a few steins. External designers were employed at various times, Professor Friedrich "Fritz" von Heider being one. They survived the business slump caused by the lack of available labour during World War 1, but ceased production in 1926 due to the worldwide depression. By 1930 the company was liquidated.
References: Buckauer Porzellanmanufaktur. Porcelain marks and more.
The information and pictures on this page were selected from the complete article written by George Schamberger, SCI Master Steinologist, which was published by Stein Collectors International's quarterly publication, "Prosit", dated September 2020, and found on Page 18.