L. (Lasarus or Lewis) Straus & Sons.
42 & 46 Warren Street, New York City. United States.
Gemischtwarenhändler - Importeur / Department store - Importers
Founded by Lasarus Straus in 1869. In 1882 they created the New York & Rudolstadt Pottery Co. Inc. soley to handle increased business importing finished porcelain items from Europe. In 1893 the Straus family, who by now included Lasarus's two sons, Nathan & Isidor, who had acquired a general partnership with Macy's department stores in 1888, bought out Joseph Wechsler's interest in Wechsler & Abraham, changing the store's name to Abraham & Straus. Nathan renamed the family company to Nathan Straus & Sons, and / or Nathan Straus & Co. in 1924 and continued the business under that name until closing around 1930. Nathan used the "Nathan Straus & Sons" mark on the wares he sold, but it appears he also used N.S. & S. on things as well; for example the Quimper products. One of the sales articles found, are lists showing L. Straus & Sons as selling the Old Strasburg line from V&B prior to Nathan changing the company name. In 1929 - Federated Department Stores, Inc. is formed as a holding company by several family-owned department stores, which includes Abraham & Straus.
Reference: N.Y.Times Porcelain Marks & More Collectors Circle Collectors Circle 2 Jewish Encyclopedia Straus New York & Rudolstadt Pottery