Hüttensteinach and Köppelsdorf. Thuringia.
Hersteller / Manufacturer.
Swaine & Co. was founded in 1854, then in 1920, merged with Gebrüder Schoenau Co. (founded as Greiner und Künzel, in 1817) to become Porzellanfabrik Gebrüder Schoenau, Swaine & Co. o.H.G. with nine kilns produced porcelain, electrical engineering, utility and luxury tableware. They were unsuccessfully taken to court by the Royal Delft Pottery for producing a range of Delftware, marking it Delph. They did however stop using the Delph mark. After around 1930 they ceased producing domestic wares and were only involved in industrial ceramics, in both factories.
In 1953, the company was nationalised and renamed VEB Sonneberg Porzellanfabrik. Closed ca. 1990.