Keramische Werkstätten (Otto Koebke) (AG) München-Herrsching.
Herrsching am Ammersee, near Munich, Bavaria.
Kunst-Töpferei / Art Pottery.
Keramische Werkstätten München-Herrsching was founded in 1909 by Otto Koebke. It participated at the Bavarian Industrial Exhibition in 1912 and had some well known artistic directors including Clara von Ruckteschell-Truëb. Julius von Guldbrandsen took over the company in 1923, making it an A.G. and fulfilled the role of Artistic Director, His Curriculum Vitae included designing for Porzellanfabrik Ph. Rosenthal & Co. AG, Selb, Bavaria, whom he joined in 1910. He was previously at the Königliche Porzellanmanufaktur, Copenhagen. Another designer who worked for Keramische Werkstätten München-Herrsching was Adelbert Niemeyer. The company closed in 1929.
Reference: Julius von Guldbrandsen
Stein commemorating the opening date of the 7th May, 1925, of the Deutsches Museum, Munich.
Basemarks on the Deutsches Museum stein immediately above. KW over an M superimposed over a wide H. SP decorator?
Advert dated 1927
Lid on an identical Deutsches Museum stein to the one on left, showing the Wappen of the Hofbrauhaus, together with the leading ten breweries of Munich.
Basemark on an identical Deutsches Museum stein to the one on left, of the Keramische Werkstätten, situated in Herrsching am Ammersee, Bavaria.L decorator?
The ink written KW/MH mark, together with the ink stamp of Julius von Guldbrandsen, dated 1923 - 1929 L decorator?
Brewery stein - Wagner-Bräu, dated 1923 - 1929.
The ink written KW/MH mark, on Wagner-Bräu stein.SP decorator?
The ink written KW/MH mark, together with the ink stamp of Julius von Guldbrandsen, dated 1923 - 1929