(Akt.-Ges.) Wick-Werke, Vereinigte Fabriken Merkelbach & Wick u. Merkelbach, Stadelmann & Co.
/ Wick-Werke (Akt.-Ges.)
Head Office: Bahnstraße 9, which was renamed Westerwaldstraße 9, Gartenstraße 3, Grenzhausen, Hesse-Nassau, Prussia. (now Höhr-Grenzhausen, Rhineland Palatinate)
Steingut- und Steinzeugfabrik, Kunsttöpferei sowie Zinngiesserei / Earthenware & stoneware art pottery as well as pewterer.
Based on a company agreement of 14th January 1922, Wick-Werke, Vereinigte Fabriken Merkelbach & Wick u. Merkelbach, Stadelmann & Co, was registered as a public limited company or Aktiengesellschaft on 7th March 1922 and changed the name to Akt. - Ges. Wick-Werke, Vereinigte Fabriken Merkelbach & Wick u. Merkelbach, Stadelmann & Co. 498 of the 2500 shares went to Emma Wick, née Merkelbach, wife of (Konrad) Ludwig, Wilhelm (Willy) Wick and Rudolf Georg Friedrich Wick, with the rest going to Kurt Gretschel, Commercial Director of Triptis / Thuringia, together with the bankers, Gebrüder Arnhold of Dresden. (Konrad) Ludwig Wick still supplied the artistic lead. By 1927, whilst still retaining the Wick-Werke name, Triptis A.G. had become the new proprietors. By decision of the board of directors on 4th March 1936 the company's name was changed to Wick-Werke Aktiengesellschaft. In 1935/6, Roderich Gretschel was replaced by (son?) C. Gretschel. In 1937 Wick-Werke Aktiengesellschaft changed the type of company from a public limited company or Aktien-Gesellschaft to a partnership or Kommanditgesellschaft and therefore also its company name to Wick-Werke. By 1941, the longtime deputy, Paul Wilsch was running the company, with members of the Gretschel family running company branches in Oberlanstein & Vienna. Wick-Werke continued in production until the business became bankrupt in 1984. The factory was demolished in 1999.
The following designers either designed the pottery for Wick-Werke, or put their decoration on standard pieces.
Theodor Otto Hahn Carl Moos Paul Neu Franz Ringer