George Daniel Winkler came from Augsburg to Kulmbach in 1776. In 1779, he qualified as a Zinngießermeister in Kulmbach. His son Johann Andreas Winkler (born C.1785/90 - died 1846) took over the business in 1819. His two sons, Johann George Caspar Winkler (born 1820) succeeded in 1847 followed by his brother Adam Gottlieb Winkler (born 1826 - died 1888) in 1852. Adam Gottlieb's son, George (1858 - 1912), qualified as a Zinngießermeister in 1910. Finally George's son Maximilian (1896 - 1942) who in 1913 trained under Eugen Wiedamann in Regensburg, also qualified as a Zinngießermeister. Father and son operated their foundry and shop at Oberhacken 18, Kulmbach. The pewter business came to an end with the death of Maximilian Winkler in May 1942.