D. F. Haynes & Co. / The Chesapeake Pottery Co. / Haynes Bennett & Co. / D.F. Haynes & Son.
The corner of Nicholson Street and Decatur Street, Baltimore, Maryland, United States
Kunst-Töpferei / Art Pottery.
Founded by David Francis Haynes in 1879 as an art pottery. In 1882 he purchased the Chesapeake Pottery which had two buildings and a single kiln. The company was called D.F. Haynes & Co. until 1887 when The Chesapeake Pottery Company was organised. The name changed to Haynes Bennett & Co. when he merged with the Edwin Bennett Pottery Company, in 1890. The name then became D.F. Haynes & Son in 1895. Primarily an artist, Haynes was one of the main designers.
His goal was to produce affordable household items of quality. The factory closure date is unknown.