Tittmannstraße 4, Dresden - Striesen, Saxony.
Karl Richard Klemm founded a porcelain decorating studio in Striesen bei Dresden in 1869. At the time, there were more than forty studios in and around Dresden that specialized in the painting of porcelain in the Meissen style. The porcelain was obtained primarily from the Meissen factory itself, much of it being seconds. The decorating style of Richard Klemm closely matched that of the Meissen factories at that time. He often used a heavily applied style that focused on florals. In many instances, the porcelain pieces of Richard Klemm are emblazoned with a gold leaf at the base. This gold leaf was used to hide the marks made by the original manufacturer of the blanks that he used for decorating.
Richard Klemm, along with Helena Wolfsohn, Karl Thiem, Ambrosius Lamm and Donath & Co., were among the most sought after porcelain decorating studios at this time. In the early 1880's Richard Klemm registered his mark, the "Klemm Dresden Crown", as design No 24, at the Reichs-Warenzeichenregister, or RWZR, which was the central office for registering of all porcelain trade names and marks. He merged his company with the studio of Donath & Co. in 1916. However the merged companies were subsequently purchased in 1918 by Hutschenreuther.
Reference: Slub-Dresden Saxony Address books